Monday, June 18, 2012

Family Photos

When my grandfather, Michael Barresi, passed away a couple of years ago, my grandmother gave me a few of his photo albums. They were mostly pre-war, and WWII photos. I treasure them to this day. However, though my parents have a load of photo albums of my immediate family, many of the pictures only date to 1969. I was missing the photographic history of my mother's family.

I asked a couple aunts and uncles if they had any photos, and finally got five photo albums from one aunt. The photos date from about 1935 to 1988 and include countless pictures of my maternal grandparents, including my grandfather in his Navy uniform, which I had never seen before. But the albums include pictures of my great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, and many others whom time nearly forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment